devoire de la 3ieme3 Index du Forum
devoire de la 3ieme3 Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Frank Sinatra ? Sings For Only The Lonely (1958)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    devoire de la 3ieme3 Index du Forum -> Ratrapage des cours -> DP3
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
flortemp

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Mai - 21:42 (2016)    Sujet du message: Frank Sinatra ? Sings For Only The Lonely (1958) Répondre en citant

Frank Sinatra ? Sings For Only The Lonely (1958) > bit.ly/1TNXkOQ

It..was..a..travesty..that..this..album..did..so..poorly..at..the..inaugural..Grammy..awardsAccording.to.John.Rockwell's.book,.Sinatra:.An.American.Classic,.when.asked.at.a.party.in.the.mid-1970s.if.he.had.a.favorite.album.among.his.recordings,.without.hesitation,.Sinatra.chose.Only.the.Lonely.[4]Retrieved..January..6,..2012It's.also.nothing.less.than.a.front-runner.in.the.Frank.Sinatras.best.album.stakes.and.undeniably.a.masterpiece;.Frank.even.said.it.was.his.favourite.albumMorePaced.it,.planned.every.second.from.start.to.finishRiddle..used..a..larger..orchestra..for..the..album..than..he..had..in..the..past,..which..lent..the..album..a..stately,..nearly..classical..atmosphereExplore..Marketplace..Community..Groups..Forum..Blog..Friends..Guidelines..Register..Log..In..Please..enable..Javascript..to..take..full..advantage..of..our..site..features^."Frank.Sinatra:.Lush.Life..Randy.Wong..Audio"At..its..core,..however,..the..album..is..a..set..of..brooding..saloon..songs,..highlighted..by..two..of..Sinatra's..tour..de..forces..--.."Angel..Eyes"..and.."One..for..My..Baby."..Sinatra..never..forces..emotion..out..of..the..lyric,..he..lets..everything..flow..naturally,..with..graceIt..is..a..song..that..stands..up..as..one..of..Franks..best..scene..setting..openersIf...a...man...could...fake...sincerity,...Sinatra...is...the...man...(much...like...Jagger...fakes...anarchy).There's...some...real...anxiousness...and...bitterness...hereRocklistmusic.co.ukReply..Notify..me..Helpful..greghead..September..12,..2013..Report..referencing..Frank..Sinatra..Sings..For..Only..The..Lonely,..LP,..Album,..RP,..Mono,..W1053,..W-1053..I..have..cat2...Portrait...of...Sinatra......Forty...Songs...from...the...Life...of...a...Man...SinatraJobim...Sessions...New...York...New...York:...His...Greatest...Hits...All-Time...Greatest...Dorsey/Sinatra...Hits,...VolDescribing...Riddle's...arrangements,...Stephen...Thomas...Erlewine...states...that...they...give...a..."stately,...nearly...classical...atmosphere"...as...well...as...claiming...the...album...is...more..."bleaker...and...more...desperate"...than...Where...Are...You?.[5]...Rolling...Stone...reviewed...the...album...and...also...gave...it...a...perfect...five...out...of...five...star...score.[6]...Only...the...Lonely...peaked...at...#1...on...the...Billboard...200...charts...of...1958.[7]...Awards...and...nominations...Edit...Alongside...Come...Fly...with...Me,...Only...the...Lonely...was...nominated...for..."Album...of...the...Year'...in...1959,...but...lost...to...Henry...Mancini...for...The...Music...from...Peter...GunnEntertainment...Video...Games...Lifestyle...This...concludes...the...album...with..."One...for...My...Baby...(and...One...More...for...the...Road)."...Track...listing...Edit..."Only...the...Lonely"...(Sammy...Cahn,...Jimmy...Van...Heusen)......4:10..."Angel...Eyes"...(Matt...Dennis,...Earl...Brent)......3:46..."What's...New?"...(Bob...Haggart,...Johnny...Burke)......5:13..."It's...a...Lonesome...Old...Town"...(Harry...Tobias,...Charles...Kisco)......4:18..."Willow...Weep...for...Me"...(Ann...Ronell)......4:49..."Goodbye"(Gordon...Jenkins)......5:45..."Blues...in...the...Night"...(Harold...Arlen,...Johnny...Mercer)......4:44..."Guess...I'll...Hang...My...Tears...Out...to...Dry"...(Cahn,...Jule...Styne)......4:00..."Ebb...Tide"...(Robert...Maxwell,...Carl...Sigman)......3:18..."Spring...is...Here"...(Richard...Rodgers,...Lorenz...Hart)......4:47..."Gone...with...the...Wind"...(Allie...Wrubel,...Herb...Magidson)......5:15..."One...for...My...Baby...(and...One...More...for...the...Road)"...(Arlen,...Mercer)......4:23...Bonus...tracks...included...on...the...1987...CD...release:..."Sleep...Warm"...(Lew...Spence,...Marilyn...Keith,...Alan...Bergman)......2:45..."Where...or...When"...(Rodgers,...Hart)......2:25...Singles...Edit...Like...most...of...Sinatra's...Capitol...albums,...none...of...the...songs...featured...in...the...actual...album's...track...listing...were...released...as...singlesCapitol.Records.Pressing.Plant,.Scranton,.has.an.abstract.anvil-type.symbol.in.the.runout,.indicating.(before.1963).the.Scranton.pressing.plantThe..album..was..recorded..under..Capitol..Records,..and..released..in..in..1958Disc..1..Only..The..Lonely..Angel..Eyes..What's..New..It's..A..Lonesome..Old..Town..Willow..Weep..For..Me..Good-Bye..Disc..2..Blues..In..The..Night..Guess..I'll..Hang..My..Tears..Out..To..Dry..Ebb..Tide..Spring..Is..Here..Gone..With..The..Wind..One..For..My..Baby..Bonus..tracks..on..CD..reissueSleep..WarmWhere..Or..When..Awards:..Frank..Sinatra..was..awarded..the..1959..Best..Album..Cover..Grammy..Award..for..this..albumSelected.personnel[edit]The...Rough...Guide...to...Frank...SinatraRetrieved...May...1,...2008Sinatra.had.planned.to.record.the.album.with.arranger.Gordon.Jenkins,.with.whom.he.had.worked.on.Where.Are.You?This..is..Sinatra..as..saloon..singer,..to..my..ear,..his..best..pose2..."...Sinatra...&...Sextet:...Live...in...Paris..."...Sinatra...80th:...Live...in...Concert..."...With...Red...Norvo...Quintet:...Live...in...Australia,...1959..."...Sinatra...57...in...Concert..."...Live...from...Las...Vegas..."...Sinatra:...Vegas..."...Frank...Sinatra:...The...Greatest...Concerts..."...Live...at...the...Meadowlands..."...Sinatra:...New...York..."...Best...of...Vegas...Compilation...sets1956......1990...This...Is...Sinatra!..."...This...Is...Sinatra...VolReferences[edit]In...December...1958...Peter...Jones...in...the...British...music...paper...Record...Mirror...Said,...I...feel...the...LP...as...a...whole...has...so...much...magic...it...is...a...must...Among...the...standout...songs...is...the...title...song,...written...by...Jimmy...Van...Heusen...and...Sammy...Cahn...that...was...recorded...on...Thursday...29...May,...1958Follow..uDiscoverMusic..Follow..us..on..Twitter..for..the..latest..music..news,..cool..uBytes,..new..uQuizzes,..the..best..playlists..and..our..legendary..big..prize..music..competitions!!..October..12,..2015..Classic..Pop,..Frank..Sinatra,..Jazz,..reDiscovered..Albums..Leave..a..Reply..Cancel..reply..Your..email..address..will..not..be..publishedReception[edit]2..."...Portrait...of...Sinatra...-...Forty...Songs...from...the...Life...of...a...Man..."...SinatraJobim...Sessions..."...The...Voice:...Frank...Sinatra,...the...Columbia...Years...(19431952)..."...New...York...New...York:...His...Greatest...Hits..."...All-Time...Greatest...Dorsey/Sinatra...Hits,...VolTheres..the..stark..and..sparse,..Whats..New,..a..mood..duplicated..in..Willow..Weep..For..Me..and..the..poignancy..of..Rodgers..and..Harts..Spring..is..Here..Frank..Sinatra..Sings..For..Only..The..Lonely..first..made..the..US..album..charts..on..29..September..1958..and..reached..No.1..on..13..October..where..it..stayed..for..five..weeksClick...to...see...all...uDiscover...Global...Sites...uDiscover...AustraliauDiscover...AustriauDiscover...BelgiumuDiscover...CanadauDiscover...DenmarkuDiscover...FranceuDiscover...GermanyuDiscover...HollanduDiscover...Hong...KonguDiscover...IndiauDiscover...IrelanduDiscover...ItalyuDiscover...JapanuDiscover...LATAMuDiscover...MalaysiauDiscover...New...ZealanduDiscover...NorwayuDiscover...PhilippinesuDiscover...PolanduDiscover...PortugaluDiscover...SingaporeuDiscover...South...AfricauDiscover...South...KoreauDiscover...SpainuDiscover...SwedenuDiscover...SwitzerlanduDiscover...TaiwanuDiscover...USAuDiscover...Vietnam...FeaturesREGGAE......ORIGINS...OF...DUBBLUE...NOTE:...THE...FINEST...IN...JAZZ...SINCE...1939AMERICANAIdol...Playthings:...How...Teen...Stars...Shaped...The...Pop...WorldPROG:...A...VERY...BRITISH...KIND...OF...ROCKMost...PopularThe...Axe...Men...ComethThe...50...Greatest...Bass...PlayersHello...Los...AngelesLondonParisNew...YorkRioThe...50...Greatest...DrummersThe...50...Greatest...Jazz...AlbumsEverLatestGeorge...Strait...Makes...His...Country...DebutMarvin...Gayes...New...Creative...PlaygroundNine...Inch...Nails...Bare...Their...TeethStevie...Sings...For...The...Duke...And...Soars...To...No"Ebb...Time,"..."Angel...Eyes,"...and..."Spring...Is...Here,"[1]..."Guess...I'll...Hang...My...Tears...Out...To...Dry,"..."Only...the...Lonely,"..."Willow...Weep...For...Me"...were...recorded...on...May...29,...1958.[2]..."Blues...in...the...Night,"..."What's...New?,"..."Gone...with...the...Wind,"...and..."One...for...My...Baby...(and...One...More...for...the...Road)"...were...recorded...on...June...24,...1958.[3]..."It's...a...Lonesome...Old...Town"...and..."Goodbye"...were...recorded...on...June...25,...1958.[4]...Track...information...Edit...Only...the...Lonely...was...a...successor...to...Sinatra's...previous...ballad...albums...released...under...Capitol,...In...the...Wee...Small...Hours...and...Where...Are...You?1-4.".Capitol.Collectors.Series1990..1997.The.Reprise.Collection.".The.Capitol.Years.".The.Very.Good.Years.".Songs.of.Van.Heusen.&.Cahn.".Soundtrack.To.The.CBS.Mini-Series.".The.Best.of.the.Capitol.Years.".Concepts.".The.Complete.Recordings.".The.Golden.Days.of.Radio.".The.Essence.of.Frank.Sinatra.".My.Shining.Hour.".1946:.Old.Gold.Shows.".16.Most.Requested.Songs.".I've.Got.a.Crush.on.You.".The.Best.of.the.Capitol.Years.".Gold.Collection.".The.Select.Johnny.Mercer.".Christmas.Through.the.Years.".The.Select.Rodgers.&.Hart.".The.Complete.Recordings.Nineteen.Thirty-Nine.".Sinatra.80th:.All.the.Best.".Everything.Happens.to.Me.".The.Select.Cole.Porter.".The.Select.Sammy.Cahn.".The.Complete.Capitol.Singles.Collection.".Screen.Sinatra.".Christmas.Gift.Collection.".Greatest.Hits:.Early.Years1997..2001.Frank.Sinatra.Remembers.The.Movies.1943.-.1946.".The.Very.Best.of.Frank.Sinatra.".Frank.Sinatra.Sings.His.Greatest.Hits.".Night.and.Day.".Portrait.of.Sinatra:.Columbia.Classics.".The.Capitol.Years.".Lucky.Numbers.".Frank.Sinatra.&.the.Tommy.Dorsey.Orchestra.".Classic.Sinatra.".Super.Hits.".Frank.Sinatra.in.Hollywood.".My.Way:.The.Best.of.Frank.Sinatra2001..2012.Love.Songs.".Christmas.with.the.Rat.Pack.".The.Platinum.Collection.".The.Real.Complete.Columbia.Years.V-Discs.".Classic.Duets.".Gold.".All.or.Nothing.at.All.".Sinatra.Sings.Cole.Porter.".Frank.Sinatra.Christmas.Collection.".Romance.".The.World.of.Frank.Sinatra.".Duets/Duets.II:.90th.Birthday.Limited.Collector's.Edition.".The.Essence.of.Frank.Sinatra.".Romance:.Songs.from.the.Heart.".Greatest.Love.Songs.".Sinatra.at.the.Movies.".Nothing.But.the.Best.".From.the.Heart.".Seduction:.Sinatra.Sings.of.Love.".Classic.Sinatra.II.".Christmas.with.Sinatra.&.Friends.".36.Greatest.Hits!.".Come.Fly.Away.".Sinatra/Jobim:.The.Complete.Reprise.Recordings.".Frank.Sinatra:.The.Reprise.Years.".Sinatra/Basie:.The.Complete.Reprise.Studio.Recordings.".Sinatra:.Best.of.the.Best.[[Category:Albums.released.in.1958].Retrieved.from.".Categories:.Albums.Frank.Sinatra.Sings.for.Only.the.Lonely.Albums.released.under.Capitol.Albums.arranged.by.Nelson.Riddle.Studio.albums.Add.category.Cancel.Save.Around.Wikia's.network.Random.Wiki.About.Help.Community.Central.Careers.Advertise.API.Contact.Wikia.Terms.of.Use.Privacy.Policy.Global.Sitemap.Local.Sitemap.Content.is.available.under.CC-BY-SA.(List.#141).^."Gold.&.Platinum.DatabaseFrank.Sinatra"^...^...a...b..."Frank...Sinatra...Sings...for...Only...the...Lonely"...at...AllMusic...^...Summers,...Antony,...and...Robbyn...Swan,...Sinatra:...The...Life f5880b0734

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Mai - 21:42 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    devoire de la 3ieme3 Index du Forum -> Ratrapage des cours -> DP3 Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template BBR2 created by revaz